Jojoba Oil – How Jojoba Oil Benefits Skin
We use Certified Organic, Golden, Cold-Pressed extraction (Raw) Jojoba Oil.
Jojoba Oil is actually a wax ester, produced in the seed of the jojoba plant, native to North America. The oil makes up approximately 50% of the seed.
A Brief History of Jojoba Oil
Native Americans have used Jojoba Oil for thousands of years as a mystical treatment for sunburn, dried out skin and other cosmetic purposes such as moisturising body oils. In the 1980s it became a substitute for sperm whale oil, as out of all the compounds in nature, it is supposedly the most similar to our skin oil (sebum).
How Jojoba Oil Benefits Skin
- Jojoba Oil is seen as one of the finest cosmetic ingredients in the world benefiting all skin types: nourishing dry skin, balancing oily skin and smoothing out ageing skin.
- It has an affinity with our skin so is easily absorbed without leaving a residue.
- It is nourishing and moisturising, and leaves skin with a beautiful glow.
- It blends with our own natural oils to form a protective yet breathable film, and its phytosterol content helps skin cell function, resulting in calmer softer skin.
- Jojoba Oil maintains skin elasticity and suppleness, with dermatological tests showing it can increase suppleness by up to 50% for up to 8 hours.
- It has also been used in treatments for skin complaints such as eczema, scarring, and rosacea.
- For hair and scalp Jojoba Oil penetrates deep into the hair follicles moisturising both head and hair leaving it super conditioned.
Jojoba Oil truly is a wonderful ingredient so its no wonder that we use it in many of our blends.